Henry's Site Forum Index Henry's Site
A quiet contemplative island amid a sea of noise

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tivowebplus not starting automatically? (any more)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: tivowebplus not starting automatically? (any more) Reply with quote

My tivowebplus is for some reason not starting via TPM's rcS.d command any more (used to)...command line starts it ok with same command as in rcS.d file. I put some gibberish "sleep 10" in between all the start ftp, telnet, etc. commands in rc.sysint.author just for fun, no change.

Also my Tivo had some sort of brain fart this morning after recording 20 minutes of closing ceremonies and chopped off there, started again after another 50 minutes or so. Not so happy with the Tivo-Olympic experience, this combined with USA's transponder move that killed my recording of women's cycling road race.

Last edited by hah on Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bdraw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that is odd, my network quit working tonight, was messing with it trying to get update via ethernet working, and now the lights won't come on the usb adaptor.

I really don't want to have to restore my backup, but I guess I will if I have to. The good news is that the Tivo seems to be working fine.
hah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out...genius!

I put some other lines in rc.sysinit.author tp start daemons without checking if they returned or needed to be explicitly spawned with "&"...the rc.sysinit.author was waiting for vserver to return. Put an & on that line and tivowebplus starts automatically again once it gets down to the bottom of the script.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Henry's Site Forum Index -> HDTivo talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: